Lena West Response

Posted by adamlep | Posted in | Posted on 10:28 AM

Ms. West’s take on online social networking was an important part of our discussion. I never really thought of Facebook as anything other than internet socializing, but when she mentioned the use of these sites by the 100 most powerful women in the world, I realized that it was much more than that. I have always gone to great lengths to keep my network pages clean because I care about my image, but I never thought employers relied so heavily on social networking, especially employers from the generation previous to my own. In addition to the discussion on social networking, I also looked up Guy Kawasaki and venture financing, which I did not know anything about before the Skype with Ms. West. I watched an interview with him on Youtube, and although my career choice doesn’t exactly match up with his field, it was a great interview to watch. I think it’s important for everyone to have a little entrepreneur experience because it prepares you to take matters into your own hands. It could come in handy one day if you lose your job, or need to find one. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment